The 10 most annoying things about working in an office
We’ve all been there…
You get home from work and wonder exactly what you’ve managed to achieve for the day. Yes, you spent eight hours at work. But what did you actually get done?
Meetings, interruptions, fire fighting. Morning tea shouts and office gossip. A typical day at the office.
To show that you’re not alone in your frustration (and to help you vent), we’ve put together a list of the 10 most annoying and distracting things about working in an office.
Let’s see if you agree.
1. People who come into work sick and share their germs with everyone. Work from home, please!
2. Loud typers.
3. Stinkers. The colleagues who wear way too much perfume or aftershave (or worse still – not enough)
4. Air conditioning wars because some like it hot, and some like it cold.
5. Desk congregations. When a few people end up standing around someone’s desk discussing something. Go to a meeting room, please…
6. Loud personal phone calls. There are some things you just don’t need to know about your work mates.
7. Interruptions when you’re obviously concentrating. People who don’t read the cues that you’re busy and interrupt you while you’re in the middle of something important.
8. Annoying ringtones that go unanswered.
9. Smelly lunches eaten at desks.
10. Kitchen mess left by people who don’t bother to clean up after themselves (and passive aggressive kitchen signs left by those who get annoyed)
Did we catch your biggest workplace pet peeves? (Come on, we all have them.)
Spot the common theme?
Basically, most of these annoyances boil down to people lacking consideration for others in the workplace. Simple.
So the good news is, there should be a simple fix – consideration and thoughtfulness.
Often, bringing these annoyances out in the open is enough to kerb their occurrences for a while. Let’s face it, most of us want to be good coworkers. You probably spend more time with your coworkers than almost anyone else in your life, so it pays to be thoughtful and kind.
Now back to work….