Avoid prolonged sitting periods -break up sitting time on a regular basis “Stand Up, Sit Less, Move More, More Often”
With all the evidence highlighting the benefits of spending some time standing while you work, desks that allow quick, easy transition from sitting to standing height are seen as a great leap forward in ergonomics and office staff wellbeing.
While adjustable desks are readily available, the typical system using screw thread or hydraulic adjustment and activated by means of hand crank or electric motor drive, are generally too slow to adjust up and down over the 400-500mm height range required for sit-stand and therefore don’t get used regularly throughout the day. This dramatically reduces the effectiveness of the workstation because the most benefit is gained by spending some time standing every hour.
‘INSTANT’ HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT – FROM LOWEST TO HIGHEST POSITION IN 0.9 SECONDS!
Featuring a unique counterbalance gas-spring mechanism, AKTIV BALANCE enables simple, virtually instant height adjustment from 680mm-1180mm for effective ergonomic sit-stand usage.
The desk height can be changed as quickly as you can stand up – simply release the patented safety lock with one hand and the desk weightlessly glides up or down to the desired position. Because it is so easy, operators change the height of their desks many times during a day which maximises the health benefits of the sit/stand concept.
– Easy to use – no slow cumbersome crank handles to tediously wind the desk to the desired height.
– Economical to operate – no electric motors that use power and create a noise nuisance.
– Simple mechanism minimising any maintenance issues.
– Optional Tension Adjust Handle allows a user friendly adaption of the gas spring strength according to the actual desk load (load margin approximately 30kg).
– Surprisingly well priced compared to electric adjust systems.
– High quality German engineering for maximum reliability.
Standard Lengths: 1600, 1800, 2000
Frame: White or Black powdercoat
Tops: Melamine, Veneer, Solid Timber
Recommended Weight Rating:
Structure: 10 Years
Gas Lift: 5 Years
Large Project Quantity: 10-12 weeks